Diaretics

Trying a new format. I've noticed that there is a lot of hot air about what this or that person thinks cluttering up the internet. I have a lot of things to say, but somebody else probably already said most of them, and proselytizing is a dull business.

I thought I might try writing a few notes about the things I do each day in the pursuit of theatre management. Maybe it will be interesting, maybe it will hang over my head like the ceiling fan of Damocles when my performance reviews come up.

Today I opened the mail, entered donations into Giftworks, made a bank deposit, and prepared for a guest lecture in a couple of classes on arts management at SUNY Potsdam. I also worked on our website and replied to a lot of email. I read the first few pages of Danny Newman's "Subsribe Now!"

I changed the backup tape in the server. I changed office chairs from a modern broken one to an antique not broken one - though it may prove to be too tall and I don't know if I can make it any lower. It seems to be making me sit up straighter, but when I do slouch, I have to slouch even farther.

More later...

Comments

Popular Posts