Now is the Winter of our Pipes...

Today I plugged in the heat tape that wraps the pipes under the building. The pipes supply water to the lobby, but travel under an unheated crawl space. If we don't plug them in, they'll freeze and burst. A few weeks ago, I winterized a bathroom in an exposed outdoor addition. Some nice fellows from a local farm came and blew the water out of the pipes with compressed air, and I put RV antifreeze in the toilet tank, bowl, and the p-trap for the sink.

It hasn't gotten terribly cold yet, so there's still water on in the back room that we use for costuming and dressing rooms. Pretty soon, I'll drain and blow out those pipes and add the RV antifreeze to the p-traps.

As usual this time of year, I entered donations into Giftworks and answered a bunch of email. Over the last few days, I also sent out a lot of thank you notes for donations received. On Sunday, we had a play reading of The Dixie Swim Club in our lobby. The soup du jour was potato corn chowder made by our very own Artistic Director.

I sent out a press release for events coming up in December.

This evening is the Chamber of Commerce annual dinner, and I've been asked to make a few remarks about the Chamber's website (I participated in the refit of the site this spring - I think I'm the chair of the web committee). These are the remarks (in brief) that I'll make:

1. Lake Champlain is very large. There are two states and two countries along its shores with many, many communities and businesses.

2. When you Google "Lake Champlain Events" the Chamber of Commerce site is #4 on the list.

3. If you're not listing your events on the Chamber site, you're missing out on any customers looking for things to do in the two states, two countries, and hundreds of towns, villages, and burgs that populate the shores of the lake.

Also, I solved the chair height problem by putting 2x4 blocks under the legs of my desk.

I changed the back-up tape in the server...

Comments

Popular Posts